Wednesday 23 May 2012

Scared to get into a car....

   On Monday the 21st we had a talk from Pat McNeely about the importance in road safety, it was called "Drive for Life". He taught us about the dangers involved in drink driving, drug driving and fatigue (falling asleep behind the wheel). He showed us videos and pictures of the consequences and he showed us interviews with families who had lost children to crashes related to dangerous driving. It was really interesting and it really opened my eyes to the importance of wearing my seat belt at all times. Some of the clips and pictures he showed us were very sad and upsetting however he needed to get his message across and that is exactly what he did. We also got a chance to do a mock driver theory test, I can safely say I failed. Will definitely need to study before I attempt the real thing. I really enjoyed the day and I learnt a lot from it :) Thank Ms. L

No comments:

Post a Comment