Thursday 15 March 2012

Sometimes in April

 On Monday gone, all TYs watched a movie about the Rwandan Genocide and how peoples basic human rights were stripped. The movie was called "Sometimes In April". It was really worth watching as I found it very interesting and I'm glad I got the opportunity to watch it. The movie showed us how the Hutus and the Tutsis started fighting simply because of their different religions. The Hutus gained power and set out to get rid of all Tutsis. It showed young children and women being shot for no reason other than there religion. The Hutus had no sympathy towards them.
 After watching the movie I was very upset and shocked at how so many people were killed in such little time. I thought it was disgraceful how the UN and the American Government allowed it to happen and refused to help. It also made me appreciate my life a lot more because i realised that the things i complain about are no where near as bad as what the young girls and boys in Rwanda went through. I would definitely recommend people to watch this and become aware of this horrible tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment