Wednesday 7 March 2012

Work Experience No.2

 Last week, the week of February the 27th - 2nd March, all TYs were on our second Work Experience. For this i went to Cocoon Creche in Clebridge as I am was interested in childcare. I am really glad I went because it gave me a great insight to the world of work down the line of childcare and it was a lot more stressful than I expected it to be. I can gladly say I do not intend to pursue a career in childcare which i think it a good thing to be able to say as before I was very unsure about it.
 During my week there, I went to lots of different areas and ages of childcare. On Monday I went to Montessori, here I helped the children colour, learn about different occupations and how to be nice to one another. I enjoyed working with children of this age as it was easy to communicate with them and it was very interesting to see how hard it is to manage a group of 25 children ageed between 2-4.
 On Tuesday I spent the day in the Baby Room, there were 5 babies here all under the age of 1. It was lots of fun to work in this room as we got to interact with the kids and play with them :) they were all so cute. However, it was not all fun and games, I also had to feed the children, change nappies and help put them asleep for their daily naps.
 On Wednesday, I went to junior pre-school, this was my least favourite room, these children were all aged between 2-3. For most of the day I watched the kids as they played, gave them their daily snacks and dinner and I read book to them. I felt like this room was the hardest to control as all the children were very hard to communicate with.
 I was sick on Thursday and Friday so i couldn't go in however they were very nice about it and understood the circumstances. Overall, I am glad I went because now I can rule out Childcare and focus on either Science or Beauty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment